Wednesday, October 10, 2012

3D Graphic Illustrations

I’ve been working on creating 3D graphic illustrations of the characters in my books. I started with Whispers in Time, rendering images of Gabriella and Damon. The software I’m using allows me to choose a model and from there I can adjust the body shape and size, morphing any body part to achieve the desired results. I then add hair and clothes, change eye color, lash thickness, and hair color. I can pose the models, from full body positions, right down to the smallest digit on a hand. I can also add lighting and camera angles, backgrounds and even props.

Damon St. Tremaine, Sixth Earl of Arrowood
 
I’m still learning the nuances of the software, but so far I’ve had a lot of fun creating my characters just how I imagined them when writing the stories. You can view renditions of Gabriella and Damon on my website. Stay tuned for additional and updated images as I tweak and refine my illustrations for all of my books!

No comments:

Post a Comment